Everything good must come to an end. This end has been 11 years in the making. Since the first Iron Man film in 2008, the Marvel universe has been setting up for this exact moment.
After the shock of Avengers: Infinity War, fans were shaken. What the heck just happened? Did the Avengers…LOSE?! What happened to all the characters and people of Earth that turned to dust? How will the Avengers (what’s left of them, anyways) defeat Thanos and bring everyone back? We had so many questions and after a year, Endgame would be our end-all-be-all.
Don’t worry – There are NO SPOILERS AHEAD!
Endgame is the definition of the quintessential superhero movie. With a three-hour time stamp, the writers have given fans all they could hope for and more – A perfectly encapsulated ending to a saga, featuring our most beloved characters, gripping action and side-splitting humor. As far as Marvel movies go, they couldn’t have done this one any better.
I don’t want to talk too much about what actually happens in the film to refrain from giving ANY spoilers. It is best to go into this film blind when it comes to the story line but it is important you do a few things before heading to the theater.
- See Captain Marvel! Or, if you don’t have time, at least read up on the film. All of the characters in the Marvel universe share an important role in Endgame but with Carol Danvers being the most recent to join, it is crucial you know who she is and what she brings to the Avengers team.
- Stop drinking water an hour before your show time! This film is LONG and there isn’t a lot you can afford to miss. Here are 3 times you can go to the bathroom, if you MUST, but be aware these are only during the first half of the film. After that, you aren’t moving from your seat.
- When you see the “San Francisco” title card.
- When Hulk is eating lunch.
- When you see the “New Jersey” title card.
If you go to the bathroom during any of those times, you still only have less than 2 minutes so HURRY.
- Bring some tissues. For die-hard fans, this is the end of an era. It is incredibly powerful to watch the climax of something that has been years in the making. Endgame‘s highs are high and the lows are very low. Be prepared so you don’t leave the theater with a tear-soaked shirt like I did.
Overall, Endgame was one of the best theater experiences I’ve had in a long time. It was a wild ride of emotions that left me mentally and physically exhausted. This is by far the best Marvel film yet. I’m not sure what is next for the Marvel universe but I can’t wait to find out.
“Whatever it takes.” – Captain America.Avengers: Endgame is in theaters now!
Score: ★★★★★ / ★★★★★ – My first perfect score of the year!
Click HERE for my *spoiler-free* podcast with Montez!
Be sure to stay up to date on all my latest reviews, find out fun movie facts and be the first to see new trailers by liking A Movie Lover’s Review on Facebook!